Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Battle of the Design Teams - TGF - Week 1

I should've posted this earlier but didn't have the time too.  I am participating in the Battle of the Design Teams hosted by TGF!  I'm sure most of you have heard about the brawling going on over there and let me tell you, the teams are doing a fantastic job! 

I am on a team with some great ladies - - - we are the  FRIENDLY FARMERS!
Christine - Team Leader
Lisa
Me!

For the first challenge which was RETRO, each member of our team created a card and we voted which one would be submitted for that challenge.  I don't know why, but the team selected my card.  Here's what I created.


I did a bit of altering on this sweetie.  Can you tell who she is?  Of course . . . it's Rockabilly right?  Partially.  I took Rockabilly's body and stamped Birthday Anya's head minus the cake that should be on her head and her face.  If you have Birthday Anya, you would know that her eyes are closed.  Well, I knew I wanted them to be open so I drew them in! I just had to add the pouty lips!  She turned out as I wanted, a Pin Up girl!

To those that voted for our team, a HUGE THANK YOU!  Please continue to vote for our team as we've made it to round #2!  :)

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card, love your use of ribbons, must give that a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Yay!! Yay!!! Thank you girl for your awesome submission!!! it's a beautiful card!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mama! I would have never guessed that it was Birthday Anya! Great job combining the two.

    Jenny
    crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was a lot of altering to do! I don't think I could ever be able to draw in the eyes and stuff. I am no artist...but I do love how your card turned out. good-luck on the challenge and I hope your team does well. can I ask what pen you used to draw in the eyes? I know you showed us, but there are so many different sizes. thanks! have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mama, you rock on altering! Such talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your TGF card!! So talented! Good luck in all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! I would vote for your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job on the challenge gf! YAY!! we both made it in for the next one! Thanks for letting me know my card was featured on TGF site for the next challenge!! I'm so surprised and happy!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Mama! You are so creative!! Awesome job! Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Hugs, Enjoli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow wow!! Love your card! No wonder the team picked yours!! The colors and the altering, everything is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh!!! Love your color combo on this one... SWAH-EEEET!!

    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)