Tuesday, April 12, 2011

- live - laugh - love -

Today is Which One Wednesday . . . WOW!  This week, we have our very FIRST sketch challenge created by our Team Captain Rach!   You don't want to miss what the DT has created on the Farm Fresh Challenge Blog!

Here is the sketch . . .


This is my take on the sketch.  I used Wild Sprout Ruby for this card and colored her in Distress Inks.  For some reason, I've never inked her up . . . she looked kind of hippy-ish so I went with some funky papers and some flowers!  FLOWER POWER!  :) 


Here's a close-up of Ruby.   I still need to practice my coloring with Distress Inks.  It's not as easy as it looks, but I just luv that I can now use a different form of coloring.  Sometimes my copics need a break!  :)


Anyway, the WOW challenges runs until Tuesday, entries are due by 12 PM CST.  Please upload your challenge cards to TGF Galleria>Farm Fresh Challenges 2011>WOW>Sketch 1.  The winner is chosen by random draw and will win a free TGF digi of choice!  Good luck and thanks for coming to visit! 

13 comments:

  1. Adorable Mama!!! Ruby is so cute here. Love how you've colored her with Distress inks. Gettin' to be an expert I think.. Love the papers and the sentiment is perfect. Hope you're having a good week and hope the family is feeling lots better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card! love how you colored with the distressed inks! i gotta try that too sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS take on the sketch! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you sure make working with distress inks look easy Mama, because your coloring of Ruby is gorgeous! Love the fun and funky papers you used with her, another all around awesome card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, lovin' this!! So very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sure is adorable and beautifully colored Mama, I think you're a natural with DIs! A very striking layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your card and the take on the sketch challenge. I love your distress ink coloring. what do you use exactly? you always do so well in everything you create! so amazing! have a wonderful hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think your coloring is fabulous, Mama! such a beautiful card. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Just wanted to let you know how pretty and calm the colors made your card so welcoming and brought me here=D

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! love the results of your distress! (or should I just say "stress")
    take care! hope the sick bug is out of da house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super cute! Love your take on the sketch and the fab funky colours you used
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful coloring Mama! Love how you did her hair! and the layout is so cute! Gotta give this coloring technique a try...although I only have two colors of distress ink! LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)