Tuesday, March 16, 2010

La-La Weekly Wednesday Challenge 30 - Go Green . . . Recycle!

It's that time again for another La-La Land Weekly Wednesday Challenge.  This week, our challenge comes to us from none other than our hostess, ELENA!  She challenges us to a Go Green & Recycle!  What a perfect way to help Mother Earth!

Since Elena used Pirate Lala on her card for this challenge, Pirate Lala can be purchased at 20% off only for the week of this challenge.  What a deal!



As I was thinking what to do for this challenge, I realized that I have tons of scraps laying around!   What paper crafter doesn't?  The pile just gets bigger and bigger with time!  Ok, that was my starting point.  I've been seeing so many different ways of creating beautiful flowers.  Some use fabrics and others use paper!  The options are endless!  Here's what I came up with . . .



My girlfriend Michelle, over at Mushi's Creative Inspirations, recently did a tutorial on how she made her flower.  Click {HERE} to see how she made it.  I use my scraps in coordinating colors to create this card using Sitting Lala.  I added buttons to the center of the flower from my stash.  I dug into my ribbon drawer to see if I had any ribbon - - found this black one.   I thought I'd use it since I had this spool sitting in the drawer since the 1990's?  What a way to recycle this ribbon!

Now it's your turn!  See all the details for this challenge at La La Weekly Wednesday Challenge Blog.  **PLEASE READ THE NEW RULES CAREFULLY . . . YOU MUST USE A LA LA LAND STAMP OR DIGI IN YOUR PROJECT**

Thanks for joining me on this long post!

13 comments:

  1. Oh huni its gorjuss! what a fab use of your scraps, I really need to dig in my drawer and give it ago! Love your image, so sweet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape of your card. How did you do that? Love the fact that you used your scraps. Yup~ we all have so many scraps laying around, huh? Great job on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWW This is just AWESOME, LOVE your card shape, image, design, colors...Everything looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is stunning, love the colours, love the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too adorable, Mama! Love those flowers...definitely a great way to use up some of those scraps! Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! AWESOME!!! i'm feeling a little vintage with this work of art!!! i soooo LOVE it!!! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowee Mama, this is Gorgeous!! I hear you about the scraps!! Love the layout & pretty flowers.
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Mama! I love that DP and your flowers came out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely STUNNING card!! LOVE this elegant DP and your paper pieced Lala is wonderful so are those beautiful flowers!! WOW, thank you so much for your inspiration *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Really love the flowers you created!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow...I love the flowers you created - they are stunning! Such a fabulous card, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful way to use your scraps and go green! Your coloring is amazing and I'm really luv'n the shape of your card, Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh baby, this is my kind of card! I love it!!!! And thanks for the link to the tutorial on that awesome flower. Making paper flowers is one of my faves... I shall try this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)