Thursday, April 28, 2011

I {HEART} My Mom!

WARNING:  THIS WILL BE A LENGTHY POST DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF PICTURES TAKEN & ME JABBERING.  :)

*****************

TGIF . . . Welcome to Farm Fresh Friday over at TGF Farm Fresh Challenge Blog.  Today I'll be sharing with you my creation - - - I've made a purse and a matching card to go with it.  We all have a mom in our lives, whether it's our biological mom, MIL, old family friend or neighbor.  This week for Farm Fresh Friday, we want you to make a card or project to honor that special mom in your life.

Here's my purse and card. 


Let's talk about this card . . . it's called the Magic Card.  I saw a card while blog surfing and fell in luv with it.  It was delicate looking and spoke volumes to me.  Yes, had to try it out.  I found it {HERE}.  If you look good, I altered 2 TGF images - - WS Stella's head and Flirty Anya's body.  I suppose she's now called a Flirty Stella.  :)

Flirty Stella stands out against that background don't ya think? Well, that background is a new set called SPLOTCHY.  You'll be able to purchase this set of 2 splotchy images on May 1st!  I sponged Victorian Velvet Distress Ink while still in the Circle Die and then stamped the Splotchy stamp with the same Distress Ink.  For more inspiration on using this SPLOTCHY set, check out the Splendid Stamping with TGF to see how the Design Team utilized this set.


Here's what the card looks like when you flip the cover open.  Once again, I used Splotchy around the sentiment. 


Now here is my purse.  I saw a purse that I wanted to try on this blog {HERE}.  The measurements were in cm, not in inches.  If you're like me, I just improvise and make up my own measurements.  In this case, I had to because I used my Heart To Heart Lace Doily Die to cut out the heart shape on thin coasters.  From there, I played with the measurements.

This is the front of the purse.


This is a picture of the purse opened up.  Sorry, I had to lay it down to keep the purse open.  It can definitely hold some treats or something special. 


The FFF challenges runs until Thursday, entries are due by 12 PM CST.  The winner will receive a free single TGF stamp of choice!  Please upload your challenge cards to TGF Galleria> Farm Fresh Challenges 2011> Farm Fresh Fridays 2011> I heart Mom.

20 comments:

  1. WOW Mama! Spectacular job on the card and purse! Luv them both! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stella is so cute- esp in her new outfit! Love how you used your doily punch too- wish mine worked that well. Must be the Hilo humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHH!!! Can you hear me screaming from the mainland?!! These are absolutely gorgeous Mama!! Your mom is a very lucky lady. Me likey the colors and your imagination. I have to ask, is that designer Mama? hehehe... Wonderful alteration of Stella and Flirty. :) I will definitely have to try both of these wonderful projects. Let me just say you have really opened my eyes to new possibilities with paper. Mahalo my sista! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous set, Mama! I LOVE the fun card and LOVE the awesome purse! You always come up with the BEST and I mean THE BEST creations!!! Wanna share some of your creativities?? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOWEE what a totally FABULOUS set!!! I LOVE LOVE this, these colors are gorgeous and this image...omg DARLING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Mama...what an adorable set! The purse is too cute, and I love your altered Anya! The splotchy background is too cool! Thanks for sharing the links! Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww these are both super pretty! your purse is so creative and i like the technique of the card! thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, you used my favorite color combo again. Love your gift set, your design is beautiful Mama! Love your papers, your beautiful altered image and your placement of all your wonderful punches and embellies. What a great Mother's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh! This is so cute Mama! Everything you make is absolutely gorgeous. Love the pink and browns colors and the Flirty Stella is too cute! Thanks for sharing the links, will have to give it a try ...some day! Have a great weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful card and purse set! that purse can hold a ton of goodies ;) TFS! and happy aloha friday

    ReplyDelete
  11. that purse is way too adorable! looks like a lot of work though. but then again, when do you ever do simple projects? lol! have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word!! This is just the most beautiful little set!! Wow..just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card and purse are absolutely STUNNING! I am so glad you guys are playing along w/ the Farmers today and that I could showcase this on the TGF blog as well b/c it's just THAT pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your creations! you did a fabulous job on the card and purse! I want to make a purse like that! but next time can you make your own tutorial? I can't understand a word the other one is saying. I may have to figure one out on my own! lol! can't wait to get that splotchy background! I love it! have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! amazing project, Mama! gorgeous work as always. love it! hope you have a beautiful weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely and darling set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so want to do this...it is so very awesome...i'd love this as a gift...so sweet. Thanks for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a BEAUTIFUL card and purse....simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW these are stunning! You are so creative, the colours and design and colour work...all so beautiful
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)