Tuesday, July 20, 2010

La-La Land's Weekly Wednesday Challenge 48 - UPCYCLE IT!

Hey there bloggers!  Ready for La-La Land's Weekly Wednesday ChallengeCHERYL, our hostess this week, has a great one for ya!  She challenges us to an UPCYCLE IT!  Who doesn't have things just laying around or have something that will spark some inspiration?  Yep, just look around and there are tons of items that you could recycle.

Here's what I found while searching through my clutter of stuff.  See that beaded charm attached to the blue bow?  I didn't know I had that and thought it would be great if I used it since it was just taking up "space".  I believe it's a cell phone or key chain charm of some sort.

I used Pumpkin Lala minus her pumpkin and inked up the little bird from the stamp image Rosie with Bird.  Seems patriotic but not really . . . however, it is still July isn't it?  :)



Here's a closer look at Pumpkin Lala & her feathery friend, Bird.


Come join us in the challenge!  Fairy Lala will be on sale for 20% off only for the week of this challenge at the Online Store


And stay tuned because La-La Land is celebrating it's 1 year birthday come August!  Yippy . . . there will be a blog hop throughout the first week of August with lots of games and prizes galore!  :) 

16 comments:

  1. beautiful vibrant colors, Mama! amazing coloring as always!! hope all is well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful job on this challenge! I wouldn't know what to do. love the coloring as you are a fabulous and talented lady! love the card shape and the deets. this turned out wonderful! have a great hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I LOVE LOVE these bright colors....Such a fun fun idea sweetie!!! this looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama, this is most excellent! Hehe...do I sound like Bill and Ted? I'm probably dating myself with that movie reference ;D I LOVE that you used the cellphone/key ring charm on your card! What a terrific starting point. Also, Lala looks spectacular. Your coloring is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH wowie, I LOOVE your card!! Beautiful vibrant coloring and colors in your DP too! Love this shape too, and your cute images and cell phone charm!! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card, the bright colors are so pretty! That labels 10 (?) die is fabulous too, neat idea for your shaped card and the cell phone jewelry, what a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job in using your recycled items to make this pretty card. I love the colors that used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the bright colors! you did a great job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your take on the challenge! Your colors are striking and your card is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card Mama! Love your upcycling and your coloring is always spectacular! No one colors these girls like you do, you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. orgeous, Mama! Beautiful coloring! You always amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the colors of this card! You did such and awesome job on this challenge! Your bro and sil came over yesterday with the kiddies. I am trying to get back into the swing of things, but is seems like I have way too much to do, lol. Hope you are doing well!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mama she is just adorable!! I love the colors and coloring you did on her and how you replaced the pumpkin with a flower. Perfect for use all year round! Hope you are well too!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card! everything stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Your coloring is just gorgeous and love how you added in Bird! Also love that charm - what a great use for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)