Monday, July 5, 2010

A Ton of Thanks . . .

I hope all of you had a wonderful 4th of July.  We had a quiet evening of good food and time spent with family.  The hubby grilled hamburgers . . . the kids enjoyed their pop-pops, sparklers, and fireworks before eating vanilla ice cream and brownies!  The night ended with watching the fireworks from our balcony ~ we are able to see right down to Pearl Harbor and Hickam as well as Diamond Head.   :)  It's always a pleasure to view the firework shows during this time and New Year's in the comfort of our home.

Boy, last week was insane!  This was the first year my son attended our church's VBS (Vacation Bible School) and he had a blast!  It started last Monday and ended Friday {5p - 8p}.  Not only were we busy with that, we had my grandmother's funeral on Monday as well.  It was a nice, private service with burial right after lunch.  On Saturday, my family gathered again for dinner at my brother's house since my Aunt & Cousin flew in from California for the funeral and were leaving the next day.

My mother had asked me to make Thank You cards for those that offered condolences so I worked on that throughout the week.  Here's one of the 60+ cards that I made . . . quiet yet simple.



Thanks for stopping in . . . hopefully, I'll have more free time this week to check in on y'all.  :)

12 comments:

  1. so glad to hear that you had a wonderful weekend. Very elegant and beautiful thank you cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! TFS Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful weekend! and love your thank you card...clean and simply beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very busy week again! I love your thank you cards. Can you make mines too? J/K! I just got the same request from my Mom too! That's just too funny... have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you had a busy week! so sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother. my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. love the thank you cards...still don't know how you find the time to fit everything in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL Thank you card...soooo elegant and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, you were busy, 60+ cards--WOW! Beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very lovely card! wow, that is a lot of cards! You go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mama I am so very sorry to hear that your grandmother had passed. I think that this is a very sweet and beautiful card you have made as thank yous! So pretty!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to know that you had a beautiful holiday with your love ones Mama! Your thank you cards are beautiful and clean, I love them!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your 4th sounds ideal...very relaxing and laid back!
    The thank you card is beautiful, awesome design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)