Tuesday, October 13, 2009

So Much To Do, So Little Time

I was just talking to my cousin last week.  She called to get some information so that she could incorporate a color scheme into a Christmas project she's making for my daughter.  I have the slightest clue what she's working on but it sounds interesting.  So, Christmas project in October?  It got me thinking, "What will my project be for this Christmas?" 

As Christmas time approaches, I find myself working on a project.  I have a list of family and friends that I give gifts to.   Since I'm a SAHM and financially I can't splurge on gifts, this is one way I can give from my heart.  I'll share with you what I made last year.

So, last year as I was looking for a project to work on, I came across a  Faith Sisters Challenge.  It was called, "The True Meaning of Christmas".  I took the idea from the site, Faith Sisters. Go check out their site! It's a place where I find inspiration and a place where I can see the Lord working in the lives of people.  Every week for 9 weeks, a challenge was posted.  By the end of the 9th week, you would have created an incredible scrapbook to share.  I adapted mine a bit.  I made a mini 6 x 6 scrapbook.  Ok, how many did I make?  I made 16 books total!  It was one of my most extensive project ever . . . especially since I was giving them away.

Take a look:

I bound each mini scrapbook with satin ribbon.  This book was a story written by an unknown author.  Every page told of a symbolism we see at Christmas time.  The first being the Evergreen Tree.  I also created a page for family and friends to add a picture.  They would put a picture on the solid colored papers.   The page on the left flips down.

The second symbol is the star.  And the third is the Christmas ornament.

The fourth and fifth symbol is the bell and candle.  The candle page has a flip page!

And finally, the sixth, seventh, and eighth symbol . . . the candy cane, the wreath, and Santa Claus.

I can't begin to tell you all the crafting supplies and 'stuff' I used to create this book.  It was a year ago . . . my mind is blank.  I used various scrap papers, some digital scrap elements provided by Faith Sisters, brads, ribbons, my Cricut, etc.  I am on the prowl for another idea or project.  Ah, the JOURNEY to create a Christmas gift.  Hopefully a simplified one!  

0 sending some luv:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)