Tuesday, May 18, 2010

An Announcement & La-La Land Weekly Wednesday Challenge 39 - BIRTHDAY WISHES!

Hey all!

I have an announcement to make and I'm so excited about it!  My time as a Guest Designer for La-La Land Crafts was supposed to have come to an end earlier this month, but . . . the proud owner of La-La Land Crafts, Irina, has asked me to stay on board and move up to Design Team!  Woohoo!  I'm honor and thrilled especially because I get to work with some amazing, talented women on the Design Team!  Thanks Irina and thank you ladies for having me!  I hope I do you proud!

With that announcement aside, on to our weekly challenge.  Irina is the hostess for this weeks challenge and it's all about BIRTHDAY WISHES!!!  All you have to do is create a birthday card.  Easy peasy right?  :)  Here's my card . . .



I used Fairy Lala and colored her in basically 2 colors - - blue and brown.  The DP's for this card came from the BasicGrey Paper Pad - Offbeat.  Luv'd the blues and browns in those papers!  The layout was a sketch from Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #108.  I luv their sketches but can never get myself to enter challenges the way I used to. 

Here's a closer look at all that sparkles and glitter! 


Hope you can join us in the challenge!  Since Irina is using Sitting Pretty Rosie for her card, Sitting Pretty Rosie will be on sale for 20% off only for the week of this challenge at the Online Store.  Take advantage of this offer!  :)

13 comments:

  1. yay! congrats on your well deserved DT spot!! they are so lucky to have you on board!! your card is so pretty! i adore this color combination, too! love it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Mama, congrats on your permanent DT position, you are so qualified! Love the color combo on your card and your gorgeous coloring of Fairy Lala! Hope all's well, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness sweetie, these colors are absolutely GORGEOUS...She is such a sweetie and the added sparkle looks fab! FANTASTIC layout I sooo gotta use this paper!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Mama! This is gorgeous! Love the color combo! Beautiful design! A huge congrats to you, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Your card is so beautiful! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how VERY PRETTY!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her in blues and browns!!! Just AWESOME!!!

    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  7. a huge CONGRATS on your permanent DT position!! so well deserved GF!!! YAY!! and your card this week, superb!! the color combo is rockin'!! and i just love her hair and wings!! wooohooo!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!! This is just such a FUN and FABULOUS card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on making the DT! You totally deserve it! If I had a DT I would definitely want you to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Mama on moving up to DT! love it! they would be crazy not to snatch you up! you do such lovely and pretty work! you are such a perfectionist! you are truly a talented lady with your creations! love the coloring and gotta teach me one day on how to do that awesome blue hair! so fabulous! have a great hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! Your card is just darling! I love the blue hair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fairy Lala looks terrific in blues and browns. I am especially in love with her gorgeous blue hair! Love the glitter accents! You card is wonderful in every way ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes, I missed this too! Where am I??? Congrats on making the DT, full time! Way to go! No surprise, though--your cards are awesome! So happy for you, Mama!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)