Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gift Box for a Birthday Girl

Happy Hump Day y'all!  Just wanted to share a gift box that I made for a very special girl.  Her theme was Tinker Bell. 


I had made a similar box like this for my girlfriend back in January for her wedding. 



I changed it up a bit and added a tea light cake as the top layer.  I saw this tea light cake on Teri's blog.  Click {HERE} to see her tutorial!  She is great at doing easy to follow tutorials . . . I obviously horrible at them, thus not doing any.  :(  There is another tutorial on Splitcoaststampers on making a tea light cake.  Click {HERE} for that tutorial.


I created a pocket in the back of the cake to put a gift card in it.  Those purple flowers that you see all over the cake & sprawled about the base of the gift box . . . well, I punched out many, many flowers and layered about 3 of them to make 1 full flower.  I think I made a total of 16, maybe 17. 

Thanks for stoppin in!  :)  Have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. WOW this looks AMAZING...OMG that is alot of punched flowers..LOL!!! What a gorgeous project she is gonna LOVE this for sure!!!! WOW I know I do!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv this cake! That is a great idea to add in the tealight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! another amazing project, girl! so pretty and beautifully made! i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mama!
    Love it! I saw someone else use the tealight for the top tier too and its so darling.

    Jenny
    crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful surprise box! Your cake is gorgeous. I like the idea of a tea light to top it off. You really put your heart into the projects you create.
    Mahalo for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome gift box, Mama! Your friend will love it!
    I just bought some tea light on Monday, attempting to make one of this little cake too! You beat me to it! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow very nice box! You are way too talented! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word, Mama, what a beautiful box with that beautiful pop-up cake and topped with that wonderful tealight topper! So much work. Yikes, you had to punch so many flowers to make all those flowers, but how beautiful! I would treasure something like this so if it's for a little girl make sure her Mom "preserves" it LOL! Just awesome! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful project! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just one word...AWESOME!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I got to see it IRL and I was so blown away by this awesome box! I loved it and wanted to take it home! I told her it was in Aunty's favorite color! lol! you are one crazy woman with such intricate detail...love those flowers! L...O...V...E... IT!!! *sigh* this one I won't try, but will be inspired to try other of you fabulous creations!!! hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome!!! Love the tealite top to that cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)