Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day

Quick post . . . hope you all had a restful Veteran's Day.  A time to reflect and a time to give thanks.

My family & I met a bunch of our friends at Ala Moana Beach.  For the past 2 days, it was touch and go because of the weather forecast . . . FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR ALL ISLANDS AND RAIN, RAIN, RAIN!  Plan B?  Our place!  That would be a bummer if it rained, but thankfully, the skies cleared up and it was such a nice day!  The kids got to swim & play in the water (had to watch out for the invasion of box jellyfish though) and the parents got to talk-story.  Of course, had some delicious grinds!  Zippy's chili and crispy chicken, layered rice with spam, noodles, roast pork, bbq meat . . .  shall I go on?  Okay, mac salad and veggie sticks, chips and brownies!  OMG!  The food always taste good at the beach!  We all had lots of fun . . . so much fun that I forgot to take pictures!  The little girls had manicures and pedicures by Aunty Corena . . . yes, Little Peony too!  I couldn't believe she actually sat there letting Aunty Corena do her nails!  That I have pics of . . . maybe I'll have to post them to show proof!

Well, 2 more days till the weekend!  Enjoy the rest of your week people!

0 sending some luv:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)