Friday, May 13, 2011

Congrats To My Boy!

So, having Blogger problems just like me?  This post is a wee bit late but it was out of my control.  Hopefully, Blogger has their issues and problems taken care of as I realized many of us experienced lost postings and comments.  Oh well, that's part of being in a technological world!

Today, I'm sharing my project for TGF Farm Fresh Challenge Blog's - FFF.  Come join us as we want you to create a CONGRATULATIONS project/card.  It can be for someone who has just retired after many years of service, for a couple getting married, or for a graduate!  You get the picture . . .

I created a graduation cap/card for my son.  He will be completeing his first year of school as a Kindergartener in a couple of weeks and will move on to the First Grade in the Fall.  This cap was created using the Petal Cone die.  I just cut off the pointed end and the opposite end too.  Yep, I even made the tassel out of floss. 


Here's what the card part looks like when you flip it open.  I left a space for me & hubby to write a sweet message to DS!  Can you see Grad Ian?  I shrunk him down to about 2 inches in size.  You can get him as a digi {HERE}.

The card measures 3 1/4 x 6 3/4.  I scored lines at 3 1/4 & 3 1/2 to give the rolled up MOOLAH some room.  Kinda like a diploma.


Here's Grad Ian up close.  My son's school colors are BLUE & WHITE.  We are very proud of DS and all that he's learned and accomplished this year.  CONGRATS SON . . . WE LUV U!!!  :)


The FFF challenges runs until Thursday, entries are due by 12 PM CST.  The winner will receive a free single TGF stamp of choice!  Please upload your challenge cards to TGF Galleria> Farm Fresh Challenges 2011> Farm Fresh Fridays 2011> Congrats.  Good luck and have a Happy Friday the 13th!

15 comments:

  1. WOW! this is amazing! he's going to love it! love the idea of rolling up the money too! congrats to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GET OUT OF TOWN! This is AWE-DORABLE! Wow, Mama, this is truly amazing. You blow me away with your creativity. DS is going to love it and Congratulations to him! You have to do a toot for this, I would definitely benefit. Just awesome as always. Thanks for inspiring! Have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW your DS will just adore this, how super cute and such a fun project, I LOVE this design and that darling image!! TOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! AWWW graduating kindergarten is soooo fun :)))) What a big boy now :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable Mama!! Super cute grad hat and Grad Ian is adorable! They grow up so quickly... congrats to you all!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! fabulous project, Mama! so fun and clever! congrats to your boy! no wonder you are a proud mom! have a fabulous weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! So creative! Now I wish I bought that cone die! Congrats to your son. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww..he is going to LOVE this, mama! Now I want that die! LOL This is jsut the cutest ever, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mama! This is just too darn cute! Congratulations to your big boy ... cannot believe he's gonna be in 1st grade already! Take care girly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats to you both and your son! what an accomplishment!!!! Love the cap you made! it is soooo darn adorable!!!!!!!!!
    ~Heidi Brawley

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just STUNNING! It's just an adorable project and so much fun, I want one of these when I gradute now, lol :0) Beautiful job, I'm sure he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SOOOO darling! WOW! What a great 3D project and super cute coloring! LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You totally rocked this challenge - your project is so creative and fabulous
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an amazing project!! I love the design and the way the cap flips open to reveal the image and message!! And what a great idea to make the diploma be money!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet your son was thrilled with this, great project Mama!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)