Monday, May 9, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend celebrating Mother's Day.  The hubby earned brownie points with me . . . he made breakfast - - rice, Portuguese sausage and egg.  Also got me a flower lei to wear to church!  :)  Lastly, we had a cozy dinner at home.  Yep, he cooked again!  Japanese food!  Hubby made BBQ meat on the grill, made Shrimp Tempura, tofu with ginger, and for dessert . . . ice cream!  Well, the ice cream was actually for my kids.

Anyways, Teacher Appreciation Week was last week.  I scrambled to put these together for my son's teachers.  I am strapped for time these days, but managed to get them done.



The flower was made using SU! Fun Flower die.  A couple of months ago, I got together with some friends and the wonderful Cami did a make 'n take.  This is the project she had us make.  I couldn't bear to adhere this flower on my project . . . the Fun Flower die had to be in my possession first for me to glue that pretty flower on!  My flower is in no comparison to Cami's by far!  Her fancy tulle makes it extra special!  I added tulle to my flowers, but it doesn't have the same effect. 


Here's the inside of the book.  Cute yeah!  :)  Cami was crazy to prep all of this for us girls.  She's amazingly talented and oh so generous!  I took pics of some RAKS and stuff from that gathering but just never got a chance to post them.   Will do laters!


Ok, got side tracked a bit.  Back to the purses.  Here is what I put inside of the purses.  Now your wondering, "What the heck is all of that?"


This is the little note for my son's teachers . . .


All the items in the purse have a meaning and go with this note. 

PAY - Pay Day Candy Bar
ZOO - Animal Crackers
HEADACHE - Tylenol
SILLY - Silly bands
HANDS - Hand Sanitizer
MARK - pen
LATTE - Starbuck's Gift Card

Anyway, just thought I'd share these purses with ya.  Have a great day and thanks for stoppin' by!

11 comments:

  1. Those are really beautiful. TFS
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW-WEE mama! this is a great gift... totally love the "survivor" theme... hehe! do i see a tut soon?! LOL... fabulous job and i KNOW the teachers LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those TA Week gifts! That is such a great idea... guess I need to save that for next year... lol! Glad to hear the hubby spoiled you on Mother's day! You deserve the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe...this is too cute! I love the bags! I still haven't gotten a chance to make one! Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, too cute Mama!! I love your little note and all of it's corresponding goodies in those adorable little purses! I know that both of those well deserving teachers loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cute are these...i am sure the teachers appreciated the gift...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable bag and the note is too cute!! I'm sure the teachers will totally love it! Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Glad to hear your package arrived safely! Have a great day Mama! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE...LOVE...those purses you taught us! those are so pretty and so big! love what you did with those fun flowers! they are so pretty! I need to get me some tulle too! I am sure the teachers hope and pray they get your kids in their class...lol! you are one great mom! hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. u have a wonderful hubby! so sweet that he cooked for you. awww...
    O my Mama, those purses are beautiful and what a wonderful little gift inside, you are soooo clever! I'm sure the other teachers are green with envy. I know I am.. hehehe.. Love the flower and cards that you made at Cami's m&t. U gals are so lucky! Mahalo for sharing these beautiful projects! You are a wonderful inspiration. {sniff, sniff} Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word I just KNOW The teachers will go CRAZY over these, SOOOOOO awesome, fun, beautiful, and soooo creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)