Friday, May 6, 2011

Celebrate Today . . .

Well, actually it's meant for Sunday, which is Mother's Day.  I posted a project I made {HERE} for my mother.  Today, I'm sharing a card I will give to my mother-in-law.   

This is Darling Marci.  I immediately picked up this stamp because my MIL has the same hair style.  Not only that, she is a DARLING, literally!  She's like a second mom and has always been there for me, my hubby, and my kids!  I wanted to honor her on this special day.

My sweet friend and former La-La Land sister, Kristine, made a Stand Up Card and I was tempted to try it out.  Click {HERE} to see Kris' post.  She also gives a tutorial as well.  Thanks Kris!  You are an inspiration to me with all your wonderful projects! 

This card is kept very simple.  I wanted Marci to be the focal point with little distraction.  I didn't add too many embellishments, besides a few butterflies, flourishes, and a bow.


Here's the top view of the Stand Up Card.  I tweaked the measurements on my card so that I could fit the frame around Darling Marci.


That's it!  Thank you for stoppin' by!  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

10 comments:

  1. WOW such a beautiful card. Wonderful design and love your colouring
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card, Mama! I love the colors! You MIL will love it! So nice to hear you have a great MIL! It's a plus when she helps you guys out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW, this is so beautiful Mama, your MIL will LUVVVV this! I luv your color combo and your DPs are perfect--love how you framed your adorable Marci! Have a wonderful Mother's Day Mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card! your MIL will love it! love the colors too! happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw Mama, this is such a sweet post! Your MIL truly is deserving of such a "darling" card! Love this card...I'll have to give it a try! :-) Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day Mama!!
    This card is beautiful. I luv the colors and the layout. Your MIL is going to luv it. Thanks for sharing Kris' link and this beautiful tribute to your MIL. Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so AWESOME!! LOVE it *Ü* Aren't these so fun?! I pretty much forgot about them until your comment and post today--I'll have to make another soon if I can remember how! LOL. Happy Mother's Day to you! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day to you! You are so deserving of this day! You totally go above and beyond for your kids! I hope you have a beautiful day and be so blessed! I know the moms in your life will be. you make such inspiring cards and I can thank you for my inspiration! have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautiful! love the details and Marci! hope you had a nice mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Mama! Love the colors and Marci is so adorable! Beautiful frame! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all the kind and sweet comments that y'all leave 4 me . . . showing me some luv from your {HEART} makes me smile and want to create, inspire and ramble some more! :o)